GOLF COURSE DESIGN
At our core, Beau Welling Design is a golf course design firm dedicated to providing the highest levels of service to clients around the world. We believe golf should be a fun, enjoyable, and memorable experience for golfers of all skill levels.
Collaborative in spirit, we meet our client’s goals and objectives through innovative and authentic solutions, regardless of a project’s scope.
Our team is highly responsive, bringing a unique offering of technical, creative, and innovative expertise to each process of our work.
Vast with experience, we have been involved with over 100 successful new course design, master planning, and renovation projects around the world.
New golf courses are built for a variety of different reasons. Often times, they service an amenity in a larger overall development, while other times they are built as a stand-alone project for a specific target audience. Regardless of the rationale, we believe golf should be a fun and enjoyable game experienced in an aesthetically pleasing environment such that golfers will want to come back again and again.
Our core Golf Course Design Services include: Site Evaluation, Routing Studies, Cost Estimates, Construction Documentation and Specifications, Bid Process Management, and Design Implementation
A successful golf course master planning process must include the many different stakeholders that exist within a club. All constituent interests should be discussed, analyzed, and balanced so that an acceptable master plan can be developed for the overall club membership. A final master plan will address financial and operational issues and indicate short term and long term implementation strategies.
The majority of our Course Master Planning services focus within: Committee Advisory Work, Site Evaluation, Operational Evaluation, Strategy Studies, SWOT Analysis, Cost Estimates, Construction Documentation and Specifications, Bid Process Management, and Design Implementation.
While we may not assemble a formal Master Plan associated with the project, we still approach these projects holistically to make sure the renovation is executed to allow for future growth and improvement. Generally, our services in Existing Course Renovation includes the following:
• Meet with Club – What are the Club’s goals and objectives for the specific project? How does this relate to any future needs for the rest of the golf course?
• Site Evaluation – What are the physical constraints and the opportunities available on the site? What historical information about the design history of the golf course is available and should it be integrated into the process?
• Operational Evaluation – What challenges with golf course operations is the management team currently faced with? How can the suggested improvements generate additional revenue sources or new members?
• Routing / Strategy Studies – How might the holes of the golf course be located to maximize the opportunities available on the site? What enhancements could be implemented to improve the strategy, playability, and aesthetics of the golf course?
• Cost Estimates – What is a realistic cost to implement the suggested enhancements? What options are there for implementing the enhancements over time?
• Construction Documentation and Specifications – How can the golf course construction intent and requirements be efficiently and comprehensively communicated to golf course builders and others?
• Bid Process Management – How can the optimal value be realized in selecting a golf course builder?
• Design Implementation – How is the intent of the design drawings realized during construction in terms of quality and cost effectiveness?